Where can I do photos of abandoned places?

I heard that in Iceland there are many abandoned places - farms, houses, fish processing plants, factories (there are supposedly several hundred). Where can I find the best place to do great photos? I am interested in unpopular places. I arrive in the summer.

Like you say, they’re everywhere!

The best thing you can do is to rent a car and start driving in the countryside, go on an adventure :slight_smile: Take the less travelled roads. Perhaps start by exploring Snæfellsnes peninsula and the Westfjords - the Westfjords are the most remote area of Iceland :slight_smile:

Hey @Berenika, you should try the Vatnsleysuströnd part of the Reykjanes peninsula. it has some abandoned houses, and that part is usually really overlooked by tourists. :slight_smile:

In Snæfellsnes, there is a really cool deserted farm at Dagverðará, but some a$$h&le though it was cool to spray some graffiti on it last year :frowning:

Some time ago I heard about an abandoned hospital in the east of Iceland, which was converted into a hotel. Is it worth going to take a picture of this building or is the hospital so restored that it is another Scandinavian building? I’m going to the eastern fjords, but maybe it’s worth focusing on other places:)

Yeah that’s the old ‘French Hospital’ in Fáskrúðsfjörður, I think. it’s called ‘Fosshótel Eastfjords’ now I think :slight_smile: It’s very nice.

Most houses here are scandinavian. You won’t find many abandoned turn houses still standing