Hey everyone Greetings from Ireland!
Ok so here’s a quick rundown, I am an aspiring photojournalist/travel journo who currently works a full time job, I plan on using my weekly holiday to finally make my dream trip to Iceland. The issue being I must do it with as little spending as possible. All that I really have going for me is my ten years as a scout for some basic survival/hiking/camping skills. I will be traveling with one person.
So here are my questions:
- Will hitchhiking still be an available option on quieter roads in October?
- Is wild camping acceptable?
- Any tips on how to fit as much as possible into two weeks without my own transport?
- Whats accommodation like at that time of year, will I need to book everything far in advance?
- Is there anything going on in October around Iceland I should be particularly aware of? EG festivals, local events, anything at all story worthy I can look into writing about.
Basically I’m in the planning stage at the moment and this is my first time planning a major trip so I’m trying to be as meticulous as possible, I would really just like to soak in any tips that more experience travelers can throw at me even if not wholly pertinent to the questions above, they are just a means of starting the conversation.
Thanks for reading!
Look forward to hearing back,