How to find Gljúfrabúi waterfall

Hi,
I love the beauty hidden waterfall Gljúfrabúi !! If its possible, i’d like to have more details on how to get there,So excited to be chasing waterfalls in Iceland !Do I need join some tour or need self-drive to there,if someone have any good suggestion,thanks lot:)

Hey Ryan,

Gljúfrabúi is an incredible waterfall, you are right to seek it out. It is very easy to reach; you just head to Seljalandsfoss on the South Coast, which is clearly visible from the main road, and park up there. Facing the waterfall, there will be a path leading to the left, that you can follow for five or ten minutes, until you will come to a sort of cliff with a large crack, and stream running out of it. Follow the stream up, and the waterfall is right in front of you. It is not excellently signposted, but there is a sign beside it telling you its there, and you will probably notice some other people gathered around it.

Many South Coast tours do make a stop at Seljalandsfoss, but not all, because of time-constraints and other activities, will take you on this extra location. Here is one that certainly does, however, unless there are exceptional circumstances;

Hope that helps,
Richard

Hi Ryan!

I’d honestly recommend a tour because that way you can visit more than one waterfall. There’s a lot of waterfalls in south Iceland that you can see on a day trip. Not just Gljúfrarbúi, but also waterfalls like Faxi, and then the more famous ones like Gullfoss waterfall, and Seljalandsfoss and Skógafoss waterfall. There’s a lot of tours that go there, and the one Richard pointed at is awesome :slight_smile: There’s also a two-day version I think. @Nanna_Gunnarsdottir, do you know? You been there a lot?

There’s also a very,m very beautiful waterfall near Reykjavík called Glymur. it’s really high and you need to hike to it, so if you like hiking this is a perfect day trip! It’s one of my favourite waterfalls in Iceland, but you have to remember to bring light sneakers, cause you have to wade a river to get over to the waterfall at the top! You can check it out here: Click me for awesome Glymur waterfall!
It’s an airplane tour, but it’s still pretty cool :slight_smile:

Here is the List of the Highest Waterfall in india

The Best things happen that it brings life to the waterfalls in India. But wait do you ever thought about the Highest Waterfalls in India . We are here presenting the Highest Waterfalls in India . Here is the List of the Highest Waterfalls in India