Do you have any polar bears in Iceland?

This might be a stupid question, but do you have polar bears in Iceland?

I wish! (or maybe I don’t).

You can find a lot of polar bears in Reykjavik. But they are not real. Iceland doesn’t have any sort of native big animals (except for whales in the ocean).

So it’s a very safe country when it comes to wild beasts. The ones I mentioned in Reykjavik are the stuffed polar bears appearing in front of shops. Somehow Icelanders love to use polar bears to attract bypassers.

You might have heard real and alive polar bears roaming in Iceland. This is a very rare case when polar bears from Greenland arrive in Iceland through a floating iceberg. WIth the geographical locations of Greenland and Iceland, those polar bears mostly arrive in the Westfjords or other places in the Northwest region. And once people spot them, the local authorities will hunt them down and (sadly) shoot them, due to safety concerns.

Hope this helps!

Yes! plenty of polar bears in Iceland. Basically there are two types of polar bears, the wild ones who take a free floating ice ride from Greenland and the domestic ones. Icelanders farm them for meat and dairy, and occasionally ride them for transportation. You can not ride them on motorways though and you will be required to hold a valid polar bear riding licence. Unlike the domestic ones, the wild polar bears are less friendly and unpredictable, and believe me you do not want to approach them especially when they are wandering around with empty stomach!
Nah that was me kidding and there aint any polar bears. Good news is, carnivores do not like Iceland and neither do those venomous ones such as vipers, scorpions…nor mosquitoes. All you can find here are the cute ones like whales, puffins, seals, icelandic horses, arctic foxes and reindeer. I know, heaven isnt it.

Lol, oh, my god no. No dangerous animals like Iceland. We don’t even have mosquitos. The most dangerous thing here is the sheep, seriously. They can get mean if you agitate them :stuck_out_tongue: also they tend to wait by the roads and try to run in front of cars to make your life miserable, but that’s about it. Just be careful because if you hit them you will have to pay the farmer for the sheep AND pay for any damages made ot the car! Unfair, I know! But that’s the way it is!
In general we only have nice animals, though I would recommend that you stay away from land seals because they can bite really hard, and arctic terns because they are mean birds that will peck your head until you bleed if you get too close to their nests. :stuck_out_tongue:

But no polar bears. We have Polar Beers though! It’s not very good, I’d rather drink something else, but it’s passable if you’re drunk enough not to feel the taste! It’s also not very expensive, and it won’t eat you like a polar bear does :stuck_out_tongue: