Amateur wants to go to the ice cave:)

I do not have any experience with climbing, but I’ve seen pictures of the ice cave and I’m curious whether a complete amateur can go on this trip? Is the level of difficulty is for people who have no experience? Will we be trained in moving around the cave? Do I have to bring special equipment?

Hi Berenika
The Ice cave tours are made for people who are not used to go onto glaciers and into Ice caves. That’s why it’s important to go with a guided tour since they can tell you about what’s safe and what isn’t. The tour company also gives you all of the safety equipments that you need to enter the Ice cave :slight_smile:

Don’t try to go on your own!! Always go with an experienced guide, that will give you a helmet and crampons and take you a safe route :slight_smile:

I’d recommend joining a tour, because they will give you all the equipment you need (and it’s expensive- so it’s way cheaper to join a tour than try and do it yourself) and you’ll be safe with the guide. There’s a lot of tours on the site, Just take a look :slight_smile:

Thank you for all important info! :smiley: Maybe next year I can join one of the tours, because this year I will not be able to make it. See you in Iceland!